Malebranche is the name of the group of Twelve Demon Commanders that serve the True Magic King within Dante's Gate. Some of them were previously Paladins, such as Gatolhog, Libik and Kainazzo. Members of Malebranche do not officially die unless their Magic King Element is destroyed, of which only Albalisha's and Dragunazo's were.
- Melacoda - Leader
- Rubina - defeated by Arata
- Melione - defeated by Selina Sherlock and Lieselotte Sherlock
- Albalisha- defeated by Lilith Asami
- Dragunazo - deceased, killed by Ryuki Kashin and absorbed
- Alikino - deceased, killed by Yui
- Gatolhog - deceased, killed by Arin, Hijiri, and Ana. Beast King, previously a Paladin.
- Libik - previously known as Hohenheim, originator of Alchemic Art.
- Harkrasper - deceased, killed by Yui
- Falfarea - deceased, killed by Yui
- Kainazzo - previously known as Pythagoras, originator of Logos Art.